Quest4Quality is the online version of the ATOQ training course, which takes youth exchange organisers through a playful and gameful learning experience – online and offline – to pursue the quality in their youth exchange projects.
Aim of the course
Quest4Quality Training Course aims at supporting youth workers/leaders to analyse and reflect their practices and increase the quality of the European youth exchanges, from preparation to follow-up.
It ensures that young people are involved from the beginning and that the project maintains a high-quality educational framework. In essence, this course facilitates the journey from past, to present, to future experiences with a focus on better understanding and increasing quality (of youth involvement, of activities, of non-formal learning, of projects’ design and implementation, of team work etc).
Quest4Quality TC is for participants:
- Who took part in a youth exchange project or were directly involved in sending or hosting youth exchange groups as organiser or group leader
- Who were directly involved in developing and submitting an application for a youth exchange (granted or rejected)
- Who managed a youth exchange project’s organisation or logistic aspects
- Who want to organise – better – youth exchanges in the future.
Participants need to be ready to reflect and share their previous experience with peers and be motivated to question common misconceptions and to transfer good practices to their daily work.
Quest4Quality is about various aspects related to the quality of youth exchanges, so we engage participants in:
- Critically reflecting upon their previous international youth exchange experience(s)
- Assessing the impact of past youth exchanges on young people, organisations and the wider community
- Reflecting on ‘values’ in youth work and youth exchanges and how they are put into concrete practice
- Analysing theory/policy and practice related to
- Active participation of young people
- Quality cooperation with partners
- Intercultural learning
- Impact and dissemination of results
- Developing a quality programme for a youth exchange
- Non-formal learning methodology
- How to support young people’s learning in the project
- Competence needed for youth projects’ management
- Inclusion and inclusivity
- Future of international youth mobility.
The training will be delivered by three very experienced youth exchange trainers
- Elizabeth Kasa-Mälksoo (EE)
- Nerijus Kriauciunas (LT)
- Anita Silva (PT)
Format and Timeline
Quest4Quality online is a training programme facilitated through digital content and activities hosted on the HOP online learning platform and Zoom meeting sessions.
There will be 6 webinars over 3 weeks, with a maximum of 40 hours of learning and practice time,
including online content, group sessions, gamified tasks and individualised support. The training is
organised as it follows:
20-30 May 2021 – participants on-boarding to HOP platform and preparation
1-21 June 2021 – a series of 6 webinars, interspersed with unlocking of new modules on HOP platform
- 1st webinar: 1 June, 10.00-12.00 CET Brussels time
- 2nd webinar: 4 June, 10.00-12.00 CET Brussels time
- 3rd webinar: 7 June, 10.00-12.00 CET Brussels time
- 4th webinar: 10 June, 10.00-12.00 CET Brussels time
- 5th webinar: 17 June, 10.00-12.00 CET Brussels time
- 6th webinar: 21 June, 10.00-12.00 CET Brussels time
23-30 June 2021 – follow-up coaching to participants
- 1 group session per small group of max. 2 hours
- 1 one-to-one session with each participant of max. 45min
- 1 group session per small group of max 1 hours
The selected participants will join on-boarding sessions before the training and can receive follow-up coaching sessions afterwards.