Giving a strong positive first experience of international youth projects to motivate the participants to use the Erasmus+ and the European Solidarity Corps Programmes.
Appetiser aims to give a strong positive first experience of international youth work and motivate participants to use the Erasmus+ Programme and, to a certain extent, the European Solidarity Corps Programme. This aim summarises the entire idea of the training – to give a feeling, what it means to work with young people in an international setting. Leaving all explanations and knowledge aside it is about giving a space for participants to explore the advantage of “internationality” themselves.
- Do you have experience as a youth work/leader at local level and yet did not organise international youth activities within Erasmus+ (or the European Solidarity Corps programmes)?
- Do you want to know about Erasmus+ and the European Solidarity Corps opportunities for international youth exchanges, volunteering activities or/and training projects for youth workers?
- Are you in contact with young people or other people who would benefit from being involved in international activities?
- Are you part of an organisation or informal group that is new to European mobility programmes or wants to get to know about new opportunities for international activities within these programmes?
Should you have answered positively most of the questions above, then this course is for you!!!
“Appetiser” is designed according to the following objectives:
- To get familiar with non-formal and intercultural learning and have a concrete example of how this can be done online.
- To enjoy the first intercultural youth project experience online
- To share local youth activities and related experience, within an international youth work context, with the use of digital tools and media.
- To explore possibilities of support available for international youth activities offered by the Erasmus+ Programme and the European Solidarity Corps Programme.
- To analyse examples of good quality youth projects supported by the Erasmus+ and the European Solidarity Corps Programmes.
- To see how to benefit from the international context in participants’ local practice.
The network of National Agencies for Erasmus+ organises several Appetiser TCs per year. You’ll find an overview at http://www.salto-youth.net/Appetiser/.
- On-boarding & technical support for participants: 28th September – 04th October 2021
- Kick-off of online training and learning activities (HOP online learning platform): 01st October 2021
- Kick-off of online group meetings (ZOOM and more): 05th of October 2021 (see below)
- Closing of the online training and learning activities: 25th of October 2021
- Follow – up coaching, 2x 1hour meetings in small groups between the 25th of October & 05th of November 2021
All participants are expected to commit to the training course throughout the whole duration. This means participating in all 6 online group meetings mentioned right below, in addition to other training course commitments (e-learning platform activities and follow-up coaching):
- Tuesday, 05th of October 2021, 10.00 – 12.00 CEST
- Wednesday, 06th of October 2021, 10.00 – 12.00 CEST
- Tuesday, 12th of October 2021, 10.00 – 12.00 CEST
- Wednesday, 13th of October 2021, 10.00 – 12.00 CEST
- Tuesday, 19th of October, 10.00 – 12.00 CEST
- Wednesday, 20th of October, 10.00 – 12.00 CEST